Meet the Governors
|Headteacher||Mrs J Wood|
|Chair of Governors||Mr N Reichelt|
|Co-Vice Chair of Governors/Chair of Standards||Mrs D Ricks|
|Co-Vice Chair of Governors/Chair of Finance||Mrs B Ganapathisubramani|
|Safeguarding/Parent Governor||Mrs C Homan|
|Staff Governor||Mrs L Alderslade|
|Staff Governor||Miss A Parker|
|Parent Governor||Mr M Torbati|
|Parent Governor||Mr K Stanek|
|Governor||Mrs H Hayter|
|Governor||Mrs S Jones|
|Clerk to the Governors||Miss R Barkhuysen|
The Governors reformed as a joint Governing Body over Hollybrook Infant and Junior Schools in September 2015. The Governors work closely with the Headteacher across the two Schools, and all staff in order to ensure that the schools run smoothly and successfully. The Board of Governors meet twice a term with sub committees meeting at least half termly. It is involved in the management of the Curriculum, Staffing, Finance, Health/Safety and Buildings/Grounds.
Governors play a vital role in the running of the schools as they work directly with the Headteacher and her team. They have a range of powers, legal duties and obligations but in the main these are to:-
- Set the strategic framework within which the schools operate
- Ensure that the standard of education is constantly improving by monitoring, reviewing and setting high standards
- Ensure there is good financial control within the schools, enabling the funding to be spent in the most appropriate areas to enable the children to develop
- Develop and approve policies
- Aid in staff recruitment and retention
The Board achieves this by regular meetings and also individual governors will meet with relevant staff and parents - for example at the Parent Forum Group - to ensure that specific issues are monitored and actioned.
As a Board we are very keen to have feedback from Parents and the Community. This can be done in a number of ways:-
- Particular issues concerning your child should be raised with their teacher in the first instance
- Issues around the day to day running of the school should be directed to Jane Wood, Headteacher who can be emailed at email@example.com Clare Clifford Deputy Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Parent Forum - this can be done through attending the meetings or emailing email@example.com
- If you wish to raise something with the Governors please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Infant School/ email@example.com for the Junior School or contact the appropriate school office.
- Formally register your views on the Ofsted Website Parent View which can be found at www.parentview.ofsted.gov.uk
Notes of the Full Governing Body meetings will be held in the school office if you would like to view them.